Monday, August 23, 2010

Do you wish you had a different job?

What were you doing at 20?
When I asked someone this question-- "She said busy spending".
I asked myself what was I doing at 20? "Busy saving to spend from 11".
What were you doing at 28? This person said:"Married and trying to save money to
buy consumer goods"
What did you do at 30? "Took a loan and bought a home on EMI"
What are you doing at 34?
"Wishing only if I could quit and get back to painting or take a trip around the
world?"
"Wishing I had the money to spend while I took time off to raise my kids?"
"I no longer enjoyed what I am doing but I cannot quit my job as I need the money
to run my life and my family's life."

These might sound like familiar statements or wishes to many. Two critical components of being able to be free at anytime to do what you wish to do is to ensure a constant and increasing source of energy. Primarily in two places:

1. External Energy: Financial
2. Internal Energy: Inner stability and clarity

Between the two the internal is certainly higher in priority. Because whatever we do or feel always inside. It comes from inside. I will talk more about the inside in my next article. For now remember whatever you do, read, see, hear, it is happening in the world inside. If you have to build a relationship or do anything in the outside the thought or emotion or idea comes from within.

So for now I'd like you to box all your "Ifs and buts" and processing and read without any weight or stress. When you reach the end of the article you can open up your box and apply whatever you wish.

By external energy, I mean the resource you require to run your daily life and a bit more. It is critical to make sure you have a source of income that suffices and more to run your and family's life. I am sure you mind is already resisting and saying I am working to earn and save what else. Well great. Ask yourself. You are working for money, is your money working for you?
Did you or do you invest 10% of your income to generate more income? Did you think about doing this when you were a kid? Let's see some of us must be doing it now to secure a safe retired life. There are few who are starting this at the age of 3 and by 20 will be free to follow their dreams and to experiment with different careers.
The call is for you to pause, clarify, and organize:
1. Focus on investing your savings
2. Start today, if you are saving to spend all of your savings, you will always be a slave a bonded slave.
3. If you invest a part of what you save to make more wealth then you may be soon free.
4. Build ways for passive income. For example, if you are a make up artist, you can have someone design an online course or a workshop and you could be earning passive income from that. For more ideas and coaching on how to grow look out for Ab Initio.

Are you a parent? If you are a parent or going to become one, the key question to probably stop and ask is are you imparting similar mindset and skills to your kid.

You can and must do so very early as early as possible.
Enable them to build a good relationship with money and the mindset about earning and spending money.
Children often cry for toys more and more.
Instead of saying No to them empower them by letting them earn their bit and then spend it accordingly. Apart from various values, skills, beliefs we impart to them do teach them how to build a good relationship with money and make it their slave. Help them to do so today before they reach an age where their brain is now formed all the ideas, behavior, and thoughts.
Having said that it is never too late. This a simple shift in perspective. Go for this book and game. Read it and see how you and your child together can build a "free from being a slave to money future." To understand this better, I recommend you read the book, Find out more about the book at Amazon Money Champ.

I bought the book and gifted this to a few friends. Not only for our children it was a perspective shift for many adults too. They all thought what if I had started early enough?

Having said all this it is critical to start enabling children and teenagers to build a strong inside. We'll read more about this in the next article.

1 comments:

Vahideh said...

Great Sonia
Look forward to read more from you
Cheers
Vahideh