Are you asking this question? At one time, I was at the same point in my journey. Here is the story of how I choose my Coach Training program. The story is strange in the way the whole aspect unfolded.
So, I was at this point in life that things were relatively fine, except for a few irritants that often are reality of life and add the spice, but what was churning me was this desire to do more and something different, a lack of fulfillment at work. This often left me feeling to do more. Often the situation and events made me wonder-- How do I handle these? Over a period, Meditation certainly enabled me to strengthen and keep my inner self at peace and separate from what was happening but the desire to do something else was intensifying every day. The search to figure out what should I do, what am I good at, haunted me all the time.
One day while meditating, the thought I had surrendered was what do I do? As I came out of meditation and moved on to start my day. For obvious reasons, opened my email, and strangely that day I accessed my facebook account. At this time of the day, I never do so but I did. Bingo I saw an ad for Life Coaching and I was curious. So, I took a free session to kill my curiosity about Life Coaching. That one session was so powerful. The safe space and freedom to speak and listen to my thoughts through relfection and feedback were unbelievable.
This moment was the turning point and brought to me what I was looking for. Coaching struck a chord with what I was looking to do, which is learn a skill a tool that can enable me to firt improve my interactions and relationships, respond better, and also enable and impact life of those who interacted with me. I found a great union of Spirituality, Meditation, and Coaching. At the outer, Coaching gave me the skills to interact, on the inner Spirituality formed the foundation.
Next, was of course as the bigger decision the question about where do I learn to become a coach. The skills of the life coach lead me to explore where she had trained. This was a key input in my choosing ICA (Internatioal Coach Academy) as my training program. I thought, if she is so goood, then the training program has to be too.
If you are interested in knowing how I made my decision about a coach training program, write to me or leave a comment here. I will be happy to write about how I made the decision.
So, I was at this point in life that things were relatively fine, except for a few irritants that often are reality of life and add the spice, but what was churning me was this desire to do more and something different, a lack of fulfillment at work. This often left me feeling to do more. Often the situation and events made me wonder-- How do I handle these? Over a period, Meditation certainly enabled me to strengthen and keep my inner self at peace and separate from what was happening but the desire to do something else was intensifying every day. The search to figure out what should I do, what am I good at, haunted me all the time.
One day while meditating, the thought I had surrendered was what do I do? As I came out of meditation and moved on to start my day. For obvious reasons, opened my email, and strangely that day I accessed my facebook account. At this time of the day, I never do so but I did. Bingo I saw an ad for Life Coaching and I was curious. So, I took a free session to kill my curiosity about Life Coaching. That one session was so powerful. The safe space and freedom to speak and listen to my thoughts through relfection and feedback were unbelievable.
This moment was the turning point and brought to me what I was looking for. Coaching struck a chord with what I was looking to do, which is learn a skill a tool that can enable me to firt improve my interactions and relationships, respond better, and also enable and impact life of those who interacted with me. I found a great union of Spirituality, Meditation, and Coaching. At the outer, Coaching gave me the skills to interact, on the inner Spirituality formed the foundation.
Next, was of course as the bigger decision the question about where do I learn to become a coach. The skills of the life coach lead me to explore where she had trained. This was a key input in my choosing ICA (Internatioal Coach Academy) as my training program. I thought, if she is so goood, then the training program has to be too.
If you are interested in knowing how I made my decision about a coach training program, write to me or leave a comment here. I will be happy to write about how I made the decision.
0 comments:
Post a Comment